On 28-Aug-06, at 10:46 PM, Jay Parlar wrote:

>> When I have syntax error in python code of an app, where it goes ?
>>
>> I'm working under apache, same config as production, but
>> MaxRequestsPerChild 1
>>
>> There are no syntax errors in apache error log or site error log.
>> What's up ?
>
> I don't remember where they go when running with Apache, but why not
> use the development server when doing your *development*? Then you see
> all the errors, and it *quickly* auto-reloads when you change files,
> etc. etc.

if there are syntax errors, the file will not compile and the only
error apache will give is incomplete script headers or something like
that. So before running with apache, make sure the file compiles (F5
in idle). Even if it does compile, if some import errors are there,
again you will not get the error - just the script headers thing

> Save Apache for final deployment.

no harm in using it for development - that way both devel and
production are on identical platforms

--

regards
kg