If you have shell access you could do a virtualenv/pip combo install.

From: luke lukes
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 11:14 AM
To: django-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: deploying django - including third party apps

hi everyone. i'm developing a simple CRUD django app and my idea is to host it
on a free web hosting site that supports django (e.g. alwaysdata.com or
heliohost.org). I havent tried locally to deploy it on a web server such as
Apache, i've alway used the development server by manage.py runserver. Now i'm
using third application on it: reportlab (for pdf generation), django-evolution
(for models changes). well these apps are installed via apt-get (i'm using
ubuntu as host system) or by getting the packages from their own sites and
installing them by setup.py install. Now i've checked on alwaysdata.com and
reportlab is installed, but seems there's no django_evolution. what i have to
do to include it in my app and to get it working?

thanx
LuKe

Daniel Sokolowski
Web Engineer