If he can't install virtualenv (permission denied), he will have
problems copying his modules to the dist/site-packages dir. Also, this
method of manually copying is (no offence meant :-) ) rather hacky,
and probably not good advice in most situations. Thomas Rega's
suggestion of installing virtualenv locally, then installing his
modules in to this local virtualenv, is the cleanest idea for someone
without root permissions. Great tip, I didn't know about install --
user.