hello Kenneth,

your way is a common practice - so do a lot of others even in Europe.
But please extract the hourly rate in USD depending on project sum and
spent hours.
So you will be able to calculate the hourly rate.

Link:
http://develissimo.com/forum/topic/107887/

Thank you very much for participating
Raphael

 thanks for sharing your project data - this should boost developers