Hi, I have been through a couple of tutorials including the one on the
site, the one thing that the authors have in common is they seem to want to
jump to the 'short cuts' to soon. I like to know the basic long hand
version first because I want to understand.

What I am having a problem with is generics. I did a tutorial and couldn't
get the generics to all work. So I wanted to do it the hard way and move on
then go back when I know more.

I need an example of a queried result set.

the 'get_absolute_url' from the model
with the query line and render_to_response from the view and
the regex url from URLConf without the generic references
that should be enough to get me going if someone could just cut and paste
in some arbitrary code I would be very gratefull

thanks

--jerry