I know this is an old thread, but I feel obliged to comment.

Some of our legacy clients used DreamHost for their django/python apps..
Then dreamhost decided their VPS's needed a software and hardware upgrade,
which resulted in lost data, 4-ish days of downtime, numerous server config
inconsistencies  which were impossible to repair without resetting the VPS,
and a whole bunch of other problems.

Dreamhost have been absolutely terrible on every experience we had with
them with multiple clients, and I would STRONGLY advice saying away from
them.

Do remember, although they say they support Django, it is actually NOT
supported, and it clearly states so in their wiki documentation.

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Passenger_WSGI

----
The instructions provided in this article or section are considered
advanced.
You are expected to be knowledgeable in the UNIX shell.
Support for these instructions is not available from DreamHost tech support.
Server changes may cause this to break. Be prepared to troubleshoot this
yourself if this happens.
*We seriously aren't kidding about this.*

----

On top of this, I am yet to come across a decent django specific host
(there's plenty out there, but none that I would consider recommending at
this time).

If you have the relevant devops skills, then I'd recommend either linode or
rackspace cloud and just build your own stack with nginx/uwsgi/supervisord.

Cal