On 06/01/12 09:17, Subhranath Chunder wrote:
> (Given the fact that the server is deployed in Amazon EC2
> Singapore location, as m1.xlarge with all it's network, memory
> constrains in place)

A couple of the other aspects that occurred to me:

Is there geographical separation between your Django/web server and
its backing database?  If your web server is serving Django
pages/apps out of Singapore, but the database serving each of those
requests is in the USA, it's asking for trouble.

Alternatively, if they're on the same (virtual?) server, are they
competing for resources?  Most scalable sites have Django and
database processes running on separate servers but ensuring that
they're on the same local low-latency network

I presume your database queries have established indexes for the
types of data queries you're executing.

None of this precludes actually profiling your application to see
where the slowness is actually happening, but it might be helpful to
have in mind as you got chasing things down.

-tkc