On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 12:15 PM, vivek <puri.vi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > That's aggregated load time, and not a single page loading time. The test
> > comprised of navigating to multiple pages to generate more real life
> > scenario.
> >

> How many pages?

I guess it was 16.

> > > 3. text/html , which is the output of django app, is taking 62.74 %
> > > time.
> >
> > This number might not be bad actually, taking into consideration that I
> aim
> > to reduce the number of http connections per page to something pretty
> low.
> >

> Number of connections/page will not bring down this figure.

As I said, I plan to reduce the number of connections per page. I don't
plan to reduce this figure.

> > > What is the payload of your html page ?
> >
> > 5- 10 Kb (compressed) on avg depending upon page content
> >

> > Since you thought the aggregated load time to be of a single page, I
> guess
> > your perspectives need to change accordingly. :)
>
> Possibly but that would depend on number of pages in testing. e.g. if
> the number of pages about 10+ it seems logical but if its 2-3 pages
> then its still on high side.

> Also the load time increases near linearly with number of users. Which
> doesn't sounds logical e.g. at peak its almost 3 miunutes.

Current single setup server has to handle high number of connections per
page. Around 50 - 80 connections on average.
Active connections thus linearly rose to around 2.3k. And apache webserver
currently is sitting in front of django and static, so you see thus effect.

Separation of django and static content is part of the deployment/setup
change anyway.

> rgds
> vivek

Thanks,