On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 7:14 AM, Tim Chase <django.us...@tim.thechases.com>wrote:

> On 06/01/12 09:17, Subhranath Chunder wrote:
> > (Given the fact that the server is deployed in Amazon EC2
> > Singapore location, as m1.xlarge with all it's network, memory
> > constrains in place)
>
> A couple of the other aspects that occurred to me:
>
> Is there geographical separation between your Django/web server and
> its backing database?  If your web server is serving Django
> pages/apps out of Singapore, but the database serving each of those
> requests is in the USA, it's asking for trouble.

Right you are. But NO in my case. :)

> Alternatively, if they're on the same (virtual?) server, are they
> competing for resources?  Most scalable sites have Django and
> database processes running on separate servers but ensuring that
> they're on the same local low-latency network

As I said currently, yes they are deployed as a single server setup. So are
competing for resources.
I'll probably change the setup to low-latency network cluster in the
future, once traffic starts to increase, and horizontal scaling is required.

> I presume your database queries have established indexes for the
> types of data queries you're executing.

YES.

> None of this precludes actually profiling your application to see
> where the slowness is actually happening, but it might be helpful to
> have in mind as you got chasing things down.

Sure. I'm chasing things down to keep them improving. It's better to
know/find possible bottlenecks, than ever getting badly caught on one.

--
Thanks,
Subhranath Chunder.