> On the linked thread have you checked:
> http://www.b-list.org/weblog/2006/06/14/django-tips-template-context-processors?
> You can use a context processor to make {{ user }} available on all
> templates.

Unless I'm missing something, that link says the same as what I'm
saying, namely that you need to use RequestContext everywhere if you
want your apps to be pluggable.

Now, this seems to me to be a rather crucial and earth-shattering,
given that

a) It means basically abandoning the principle of keeping data nicely
partitioned and making stuff available 'everywhere'.

b) I don't think the django tutorials even mention RequestContext once;

I don't really understand why no-one apart from me seems to think this
is important. Now, I'm a huge django fan, but frankly this seems like
the kind of skank that repelled me from all the php frameworks I tried
(and yes, I'm trolling in the hope of getting some kind of response...)

Joe