Hi,

I'm new to django and python at the same time (Nightmare <g>) and currently
struggling to get a basic understanding of how everything works and how the
different components are connected to each other.

My setup is a s follows:

- Apache 2.2 running as a service under Windows 7
- mod_wsgi
- Python 2.7.3
- django 1.4.1
- web server docroot under d:\wwwroot
- test project under d:\wwwroot\djtest\djtest set up with

    django-admin.py startproject djtest

Basically I think that almost everything is set up correctly, things like
"python manage.py syncdb" work without probkems, I could activate
django.contrib.admin and create the database without errors - only if I try
to access the admin I get the following apache error.log:

mod_wsgi (pid=6804): Exception occurred processing WSGI script
> 'D:/wwwroot/djtest/djtest/wsgi.py'.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File
> "D:\\Python27\\lib\\site-packages\\django\\core\\handlers\\wsgi.py", line
> 219, in __call__
>     self.load_middleware()
>   File
> "D:\\Python27\\lib\\site-packages\\django\\core\\handlers\\base.py", line
> 39, in load_middleware
>     for middleware_path in settings.MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES:
>   File "D:\\Python27\\lib\\site-packages\\django\\utils\\functional.py",
> line 184, in inner
>     self._setup()
>   File "D:\\Python27\\lib\\site-packages\\django\\conf\\__init__.py", line
> 42, in _setup
>     self._wrapped = Settings(settings_module)
>   File "D:\\Python27\\lib\\site-packages\\django\\conf\\__init__.py", line
> 95, in __init__
>     raise ImportError("Could not import settings '%s' (Is it on
> sys.path?): %s" % (self.SETTINGS_MODULE, e))
> ImportError: Could not import settings 'djtest.djtest.settings' (Is it on
> sys.path?): No module named djtest.djtest.settings

wsgi.py looks like this:

import os
> import sys
>
> path = 'd:/wwwroot/djtest/djtest/'
> if path not in sys.path:
>     sys.path.append(path)
>
> os.environ.setdefault("DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE", "djtest.djtest.settings")
>
> # This application object is used by any WSGI server configured to use this
> # file. This includes Django's development server, if the WSGI_APPLICATION
> # setting points here.
> from django.core.wsgi import get_wsgi_application
> application = get_wsgi_application()

HELP! :-)))