On 11/09/2012 1:31am, DJ-Tom wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to django and python at the same time (Nightmare <g>) and
currently struggling to get a basic understanding of how everything
works and how the different components are connected to each other.

My setup is a s follows:

- Apache 2.2 running as a service under Windows 7
- mod_wsgi
- Python 2.7.3
- django 1.4.1
- web server docroot under d:\wwwroot
- test project under d:\wwwroot\djtest\djtest set up with

     django-admin.py startproject djtest

Basically I think that almost everything is set up correctly, things
like "python manage.py syncdb" work without probkems, I could activate
django.contrib.admin and create the database without errors - only if I
try to access the admin I get the following apache error.log:

    mod_wsgi (pid=6804): Exception occurred processing WSGI script
    'D:/wwwroot/djtest/djtest/wsgi.py'.
    Traceback (most recent call last):
       File
    "D:\\Python27\\lib\\site-packages\\django\\core\\handlers\\wsgi.py",
    line 219, in __call__
         self.load_middleware()
       File
    "D:\\Python27\\lib\\site-packages\\django\\core\\handlers\\base.py",
    line 39, in load_middleware
         for middleware_path in settings.MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES:
       File
    "D:\\Python27\\lib\\site-packages\\django\\utils\\functional.py",
    line 184, in inner
         self._setup()
       File
    "D:\\Python27\\lib\\site-packages\\django\\conf\\__init__.py", line
    42, in _setup
         self._wrapped = Settings(settings_module)
       File
    "D:\\Python27\\lib\\site-packages\\django\\conf\\__init__.py", line
    95, in __init__
         raise ImportError("Could not import settings '%s' (Is it on
    sys.path?): %s" % (self.SETTINGS_MODULE, e))
    ImportError: Could not import settings 'djtest.djtest.settings' (Is
    it on sys.path?): No module named djtest.djtest.settings

wsgi.py looks like this:

    import os
    import sys

    path = 'd:/wwwroot/djtest/djtest/'
    if path not in sys.path:
         sys.path.append(path)

    os.environ.setdefault("DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE",
    "djtest.djtest.settings")

Try dropping this down to "djtest.settings". Also make sure you have a file in each of your folders called __init__.py

This tells Python the folder is part of the package.

    # This application object is used by any WSGI server configured to
    use this
    # file. This includes Django's development server, if the
    WSGI_APPLICATION
    # setting points here.
    from django.core.wsgi import get_wsgi_application
    application = get_wsgi_application()

HELP! :-)))