On 12/09/2012 8:05am, Mike Dewhirst wrote:
On 12/09/2012 7:49am, Ivan Pavlović wrote:
Thank you Mike for your answer. I started this topic, because i have an
assignment at my Faculty, which requires connection between Django and
an LDAP (assistant insisted on 389ds). I installed Django, enabled
admin, logged in through Firefox. I can't make up my mind, do i need to
connect Django and LDAP like so that all users from LDAP can login
through e.g. localhost:8000/admin, or do i need to make a register/login
page, where users from LDAP server can login and onlu admin can login
from admin page? The second is mpre logical to me, but i don't know,
because i am new to Django and Python.

<snip>

There is no substitute for getting started.

https://github.com/mdewhirst/ldap-groups

I got a great start using Peter Herndon's django-ldap-groups which completely satisfied my client's specifications at the time. I ended up enhancing the Novell eDirectory backend somewhat for Django 1.3 and it probably needs more attention for Django 1.4 - check the Django release notes in the authentication backend area.

Anyway, I just uploaded it to github so you or anyone else can use it. You should check Peter's site for licensing and to compare the original with my adjustments.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-ldap-groups/0.1.3

Also, google for "django ldap" to find a bunch of other ldap software.

hth

Mike

<snip>