Right now my project only has 2 apps that use a database (*real* apps). The
rest of the website is composed of many custom views, scattered all over
the place. I am new to Django, and I havn't quite figured out how to
structure my project directory just yet.

I think what I should really be looking at is the beginnings of a Content
Management System. But at this point, I think that is too far over my
head.The other *issue* is related to my design/develop workflow. Working
completely through an internet browser just isnt possible for 80% of the
project cycle. We have many programs which want to work directly on the
filesystem (on an offline machine), mostly coming from the Adobe Creative
Suite.

 There are all kinds of media documents and markups forming "Articles".
These Articles are passed around as bundles during design, and then when
they get to me I have to tie them together very neatly and push them onto
the website. The one thing I do have control over is the Url layout, and
the navigation of these articles.

Should I be splitting each of these "articles" into their own apps (a
directory with little more than 'templates/' and 'static/'). This makes
synchronization easy with the server, there is no database interaction
required; the only task left after the sync is for me to update my
navigation widgets (which I currently just do by hand).

Am I going the right direction here? Is there some App that helps me
accomplish this task a little cleaner. I think what I really want, is an
App Application (hotplugging apps or something like that).