> Tie them neatly together

There are some cases where they send me Indesign, but when I export to HTML
some of the layouts break. So then I have to manually rig it until I feel
its close enough (but then it turns out it wasn't, so I mod again). Some
imagemaps made from sliced up Photoshops with some cute rollover effects
added on. And then some of the Articles form sequential "stories", so they
need linking in between to make them feel seamless.

The major point is that I have small bundles of files that are very
interconnected, and keeping them close and organized makes the
reviewing/editing/handling process much easier. Most of my hacking has been
from KomodeIDE, and then VIM/SSH (and thats even when Im doing the design
work!). Im having a hard time breaking away from the direct editing.

> > I think that splitting each article into it's own app sounds like a
> > disaster waiting to happen.

I agree, thats why I posted here. I am already starting to see the
problems... I have started breaking the DRY principle, and its not looking
much better. The good news right now, is that my repeats are within close
proximity on the filesytem, so Im not rooting all over the place just yet.
The only major burden is a project-wide navigation map that has to be
properly updated and sequenced (still doin that one by hand).

On a good note:
I did find an App called django-media-tree that made me feel a little
better. It should be easy enough for my guys to feed the projects in there,
and maybe I implement an Article-Bundler to help the push/pull process. And
then when I need to do my editing, I can set up a temporary staging
directory that checks out a bundle, I edit, and then it parses it back in.

But I still find myself creating bare apps with some crazy model defined
that only has 1 table row.