On Friday, March 15, 2013 12:04:56 PM UTC+1, Daniel Roseman wrote:

> On Friday, 15 March 2013 10:05:48 UTC, br...@kanka.de wrote:
>
>> Because the 'brand' comprises a package manager? ...
>> *aptitude install libapache2-mod-wsgi*
>>
> I found that after browsing several blogs - it should be in the Django
>> docs.
>>

> That's a detail restricted to Debian-based brands of Linux. I can't
> imagine why that should be in the Django docs.

So where do you propose that the intersection between Django and Debian
should be documented, and discussed?

> Same with the *WSGIScriptAlias *that needs to be inserted in apaches
>> config.
>>

>>> Then, what is the connection to the *wsgi.*py that is generated by *
>>> startproject*?
>>>

>> That has nothing to do with Debian, and *is* in the Django docs.
> https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.5/howto/deployment/wsgi/modwsgi/

Okay, I overread this, it's new in 1.4, and as I started with 1.3, at the
time this part of mod_wsgi integration was more tedious.

> In other words, you haven't read the documentation you're complaining
> about being incomplete.

My complaint remains about missing integration/documentation with debian.
Editing vhost.conf directly is not debian's way, which uses the *
mods/sites-enabled* mimics (which makes a lot sense btw).
Secondly, python 2.7 being "highly recommended" for Dj 1.5 can not be used
in debian stable.
Installing a virtualenv again undermines package management control.

So it'd not my personal problem as you try to put it, it's the question to
the Django community if they want a warm insider club or a growing
community.