On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Doug S <webcoach...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I hope this is OK to talk Javascript in this Django group, I'm hoping its
> relevant to enough Django folks to not be distracting.
> I'm relatively new to Django, but my impression is that a few years ago
> most django people prescribed to the wisdom of keeping javascript to a
> minimum and just using simple JQuery to do simple tasks.

This is incorrect. What we've said is that Django is a server side
framework, and the choice to use a JavaScript library/framework is a
client-side choice. As a framework, Django has quite deliberately remained
agnostic on your client side choices.

That said, there are many web applications written in Django that have rich
client-side experiences, based upon integration with various JavaScript
libraries. However, this integration isn't managed as part of Django's core
- it's the role of third-party libraries that you can use within your
Django project that exploit Django's APIs.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)