> Its a curious complaint you have. You don't want >to use the
>documentation since it doesn't document >something that you already

There's a misunderstanding here it's a) Not django docs but the opensource
django book. B) the book ends up describing over a vast area all the
possible different install options over Win/Mac/Linux. I appreciate its an
open effort but as a newbie if you know something is better and according
to other sources there is better practises would you trust the rest of
the info or perhaps value it less ?

@Tom GSWD does look like a good resource, and the docs do look ok. Just
wanted to be able to work through a practical example when learning, we all
learn best by copying initially and then tweaking with our options as
experience increases.

This is oddly the only value difference between rails and django is that
there is far more online courses and tutorials to say "come join rails".
It's just that I like python and the python Eco better.

Sayth