I use a desktop at home and a laptop when I go attempting to hack in the
open community.  The hack experiances always seem so messy to me.  Most
recently I am trying to help with a project called SUMO but there are tons
of download requirements outside of the python and django.  I have also
tried to get any of the groups I have gone to to define a stack for hacking
and vagrant, virtualenv and of course git and sudo.  Every new project
seems to use dependencies that mean a lot of time downloading widgets that
seem to do the same things if one asks but after a while why ask?  If it is
too sloppy I will just concentrate on less messy projects.  I am tempted to
play with flask but for now the django book examples are working though I
will likely have to go through chapter four many multiples of times and am
hoping soon to get some move towards being able to build the site I have my
mind set on.