2013/7/1 Sayth Renshaw <flebber.c...@gmail.com>

> On Monday, July 1, 2013, Tom Evans wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Sayth Renshaw <flebber.c...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Is that good though?
>> >
>> > Barring 2 scoops there is no new material to recognise and guide users
>> > the new features of Django and to get beginner Django developers on
>> board
>> > quicker.
>> >
>> > It leads to bits of info for each python framework but nothing
>> > comprehensive.
>> >
>> > Sayth
>> >

>> Virtualenv, pip etc are not features of Django, they are features of
>> python. It is right that Django mentions them in places, it is doubly
>> right that it does not attempt to duplicate the fine documentation
>> that pip and virtualenv possess themselves.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Tom
>>

> Agreed good tutorials would show steps and then point to resources for
> further reading,
>
> At this point though it appears there is a scarcity of good tutorials for
> current Django.

pip+virtualenv[wrapper] is a pratice not something that will allow you to
build a skyrocket as-is, you can live without it.

The documentation is good, and overall ecosystem alive and active, what do
you need more ? They are several CMS and admin apps, blog solutions etc...
They are still improvements and stabilisation to be done on many (utility)
apps... Everything I want to say is that outside the django tutorial, and
anybooks you read, the best way to improve your skills it to [re]build
something...

Time to time, I think about writring a set of tutorial about a CMS or
Social Network from scratch, but experience says that except the actual
code, the remaining issues are solved and well documented outside this
virtual project, so this would, I think, have little value.

HTH,

Amirouche