each django deployed on the machines with python 2.6 should already be on
the project virtualenv
I suggest to compile python 2.7 yourself and create  the virtualenvs based
on the compiled python, no need to replace it system-wide

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAFWa6tLZTMxnLfg0m-Uxpr9S%2Bh%3DKDTWf%2BUSMYawa%2BcBUm7%2BypA%40mail.gmail.com.