Hello,
I totally agree with you, there should be some way to bridge new developers into django from python and focus on getting a web presence. Have you taken a look at Mezzanine? It is a very nice CMS that has all the elements to be a perfect bridge into django and the only problems are the real newbies coming in and shaping the whole system. But another thing I would like to know and I'm sure other people would like to know, is how to run a server for either a game or to collect data from a client-side application and get it on the server-side. Something for high scores and whatnot. How can one do that with django?
Thank you,

Brandon Keith Biggs <http://www.brandonkeithbiggs.com/>