Brandon,

I think we may be talking about different aspects of running a website.
Using a CMS is another topic in relation to what I was aiming for.

I'm referring to the skills involved in managing the server infrastructure
of a live website, not managing the content of a live website. I'm talking
about things like Amazon Web Services, load balancing, caching, and so on.

I got railed big time before because I suggest the community leverage the
skills of: https://highperformancedjango.com/.

Okay sure I get it the guy's at Lincoln Loop wrote the book and they are
best friends with the Django community, but I don't think that should stop
the community from either writing out own interpretation of what it takes
to be the sys admin of a live website at the technology level. We need to
begin working together to create consensus and sharing knowledge. We need
to begin learning from each other in the public eye. If we want Django to
be the best it can be we need to have a real discussion about how we can go
about writing docs on the tools and skills needed for running a live Django
website. I don't care how the Django higher ups want to do it but I think
it's something we need to at least get the ball rolling on. I know it's
more work but it's something we can just keep iterating on as a community
slowly but surely.

Brandon, the only part I see being relevant to what this thread is about is
running a server for a game. For client vs server side you would use AJAX /
Javascript on the client and Django on the server side. The scores thing is
something you will have to do some research on first. Learn the basics
before you try to run.

JJ

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/d605b9bd-be4e-456d-8610-df444b26fbd0%40googlegroups.com.