Hello people, I have a question for you.

I've been developing (in my head) a multilang, multisite, multiuser
blog application, that -at least for me- sounds like a very cool idea.
On to the details:

The project is actually a group of sister websites dealing with a
common subject, localised for different languages/cultures. It's
centered around the old "you learn a thing a day" saying, so Authors
would be able to post the thing they learned that day on a -usually
small- post. Of course, they would have to be able to post in many
different languages (initially either English, Slovenian or Spanish).

As to URLs, I'd need to support at least the following three schemes:

 * Language codes mapped to directories (http://maindomain.com/en/ and
http://maindomain.com/sl/ and  http://maindomain.com/es/)
 * Language codes mapped to subdomains (http://en.maindomain.com/ and
http://sl.maindomain.com/ and http://es.maindomain.com)
 * Completely different starting URLs (http://athingaday.com/ and
http://nekajnovega.com and httpd://algonuevo.com/

As to the post themselves, each different version would have to be
aware of its 'sister' posts in other languages, but that's already a
template thing I believe.

It goes without saying that these multiple localised versions would
have to get data off a single database.

OK, enough details for now, we all have work to do :-)

Anyway, I thought about the "sites" app on Django, but never used it
and I'm at a loss. I must admit I first too a look at Polyglot, a
plugin for Wordpress, but I really want to stay away from PHP and do
things right.

Could anyone help me a bit on how to approach this? Thanks a million,
and best regards,

--
Carlos Yoder
http://blog.argentinaslovenia.com/