If I were just starting out, and needed to learn how to handle uploaded
files, google would take me to these two docs:

http://flask.pocoo.org/docs/1.0/patterns/fileuploads/
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.1/topics/http/file-uploads/

Maybe I'm crazy or my perspective is skewed, but I think I would find the
Django instructions easier to follow, and I would have my solution faster.
In other words, I don't buy the "Flask is easier to get started with"
argument (OK maybe for a few very primitive use cases).

So...

"Flask is lightweight." What does that mean? It starts up in 1 second
rather than 2 seconds? Why would that be important to me?

"Flask is easier to learn." Definitely not, as far as I can see. Because
Django includes everything you need for common use cases, the path to
success is almost always easier with Django.

If I were teaching a class of people new to programming, I would choose
Django over Flask for its ease of use. And as a developer, there's no web
project so small that I would choose Flask over Django - just not worth the
additional time investment and hassle that Flask requires.

My .02 anyway.

./s

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/c10ad304-4fad-4408-adfc-b63a5688d373%40googlegroups.com.