To be quite honest, this is really challenging for me, because the synology
OS drove me nuts. I am under the impression that I have multiple
installations of python and pip running now.

In order to get an overview, I will now try to find every pip on my system
and to install gunicorn everywhere. (I would wish I just had one central
apt-get command here)...

~/.local/bin$ ./pip3 install gunicorn
Defaulting to user installation because normal site-packages is not
writeable
Requirement already satisfied: gunicorn in /volume1/homes/admin/.local/lib/
python3.8/site-packages (20.0.4)
Requirement already satisfied: setuptools>=3.0 in /volume1/homes/admin/.
local/lib/python3.8/site-packages (from gunicorn) (45.2.0)

and

~/.local/bin$ ./pip3.5 install gunicorn
Defaulting to user installation because normal site-packages is not
writeable
Collecting gunicorn
  Using cached gunicorn-20.0.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl (77 kB)
Requirement already satisfied: setuptools>=3.0 in /volume1/@appstore/py3k/
usr/local/lib/python3.5/site-packages (from gunicorn) (41.0.1)
Installing collected packages: gunicorn
  WARNING: The script gunicorn is installed in
'/var/services/homes/admin/.local/bin' which is not on PATH.
  Consider adding this directory to PATH or, if you prefer to suppress this
warning, use --no-warn-script-location.
Successfully installed gunicorn-20.0.4

and

./pip3.8 install gunicorn
Defaulting to user installation because normal site-packages is not
writeable
Requirement already satisfied: gunicorn in /volume1/homes/admin/.local/lib/
python3.8/site-packages (20.0.4)
Requirement already satisfied: setuptools>=3.0 in /volume1/homes/admin/.
local/lib/python3.8/site-packages (from gunicorn) (45.2.0)

and

./pip install gunicorn
Defaulting to user installation because normal site-packages is not
writeable
Requirement already satisfied: gunicorn in /volume1/homes/admin/.local/lib/
python3.8/site-packages (20.0.4)
Requirement already satisfied: setuptools>=3.0 in /volume1/homes/admin/.
local/lib/python3.8/site-packages (from gunicorn) (45.2.0)

These were all from the same directory. Next post with more infos from
other folders.