I incorporated ReportLib to generate a PDF of the same data that I'm
trying to display on the web and the PDF gets created in about 2
seconds as compared to the template via Django which is taking 16-18
seconds.

Both routines share a common method that does all the data retrieval
and manipulation before generating the output so I know the database
and SQL is not a factor.

This is turning out to be very distressing.  I'm starting to look at
other template options.  I may give Cheetah a try this weekend.

Derek