I'm trying to setup three development directories for different
programmers, for us each to be able to checkout our project to from
svn on the same development machine...

Basically, I wanted to setup apache to have

/projectname = main merged project instance
/dev1/projectname = developer #1 work area
/dev2/projectname = developer #2 work area
/dev3/projectname = developer #3 work area

I then wanted us each to just be able to checkout the latest version
of the code to work....or commit it, and check out the merged code to
a main area after we are sure each piece is working properly.

In my urls.py file, do I need to specify four different url patterns
for each view for this to work?

(r'^projectname/something/',
'rssproject.projectname.view1.somefunction'),
(r'^dev1/projectname/something/',
'rssproject.projectname.view1.somefunction'),
(r'^dev2/projectname/something/',
'rssproject.projectname.view1.somefunction'),
(r'^dev3/projectname/something/',
'rssproject.projectname.view1.somefunction'),

Or is there some other way to specify the 'root' at the top of urls.py
and tell it to append it to the beginning of the pattern?

My apologies if this is a dumb question... I haven't done too much
with regular expressions.