Hi all,

I'm about to start a Django project that will be replacing an existing
high-profile Drupal site. The existing site has extremely high traffic -
approximately 1,440,000 page views per hour, or 400 per second. This is only
possible with the help of Akami. Without Akami the site would melt.

Is there anything I need to be aware of with regard to Django and high
availability? I saw this:

http://www.davidcramer.net/other/43/rapid-development-serving-500000-pageshour.html

but our traffic is triple that. I did glean a lot of good information from the
site, however.

I know that if we throw enough hardware at the system it will be able to
handle the volume, but we don't have the budget for the hardware necessary in
this case. Does anyone have any experience with a site of this magnitude? The
400 pages per second is a constant rate, not peak.

The launch date is in September, so we have a limited time to design the
models, port over the data (from Drupal's fractured database structure), and
recreate this site from scratch.

Thanks!