> 5. Use a different server.
>
> Unless you are on what cPanel calls the bleeding edge, you're running
> Apache 1.3 which is useless for serving Django. That leaves you with
> either #3 or #4. #3 has issues because cPanel wants to bind Apache to
> all IP addresses. I had issues (though I didn't troubleshoot them
> throuroughly) with changing httpd.conf to only attach to specific IPs.
> #4 is inefficient and a pain to maintain. I'm moving all my Django
> apps to Slicehost because the cPanel setup is so ugly.

Cpanel has actually released Apache 2.0 and 2.2 on Current, and will
be following shortly with Release and stable.  So I suspect that there
will be a growing number of requests to integrate Django with a Cpanel
managed server.  I know that Cpanel can cause some problems trying to
bind Apache to all of the IP addresses, but I believe it is possible
to override that behavior.

So if I decide to go with option 4 and install a second http server,
what is the advantage of lighttpd over a second copy of Apache?

Thanks,

Steven Potter