On Dec 6, 12:04 pm, TP <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've been using Django for the past few months and had great results
> with Apache and mod_python. However, I'd like to try and reduce the
> amount of memory that is used by having multiple Apache's each with
> their own copy of my application. I decided to try mod_fastcgi in
> Apache and Django's FastCGI server capability.

Why have multiple Apache's if using mod_fastcgi. You should be able to
hang multiple FASTCGI hosted applications hanging off the one Apache.

BTW, you might also want to look at mod_wsgi. Allows you to run Django
in separate process of their own just like FASTCGI, but everything
still managed by Apache without the need for you to separately start
Django or use any supervisor system to keep it running.

Graham