I would second vim for quick editing of django and python files, it is
great once you get over a bit of a curve.

Recently I needed an editor that let me work on a large Ajax file that
I knew I would probably need a GUI for and am still in the 30 day
trial for textmate( mac only). I am very impressed, although the 60$
price tag might be hard to swallow when the trial runs out.

For right now I seem to be most productive by having a terminal open
to djangos shell, a second for editing models and views quickly and
textmate open with my CSS, settings, longer HTML templates and
javascript. But that's just crazy me...

Michael Newman