On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 12:01 PM, AmanKow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Jun 18, 8:48 pm, "Russell Keith-Magee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> If I came off sounding accusatory, please forgive me,
> it was not my intent.

No problems. In the spirit of reconciliation, I didn't intend to be
harsh either - I just wanted remove any doubt that MySQL is a first
class citizen from the point of view of the Django core developers.

>> If someone (cough cough... hint hint) were to submit a patch to
>> implement table ordering on serialized output, I'd have no problem
>> committing such a patch.
>
> Hmm.... hint taken.  I'll start to look at it in my "spare time"...
> maybe things will cool down at work in a month or two (seriously, I'm
> swamped right now).  In the mean time, should I submit a ticket?

Already logged: http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/3615

There's a patch already on that ticket, and it works, but the solution
provided isn't ideal. The problem with the patch is that when foreign
key checks are turned on again, there is not validation of data
inserted when they were off. It's more of a workaround than a
solution.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)