I haven't yet used Django's dumpdata and loaddata, but I've used
mysqldump about a million times.  (That's mostly what we use at my
job, though I've been slowly pushing us towards postgres.)  Try
adding:

/*!40014 SET @OLD_FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=@@FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS,
FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0 */;

at the top of the file, and:

/*!40014 SET [EMAIL PROTECTED] */;

at the bottom.  That *should* do it.  Sorry if I'm suggesting
something you've tried already.

As for the original poster's question of why PosgresQL is better (and
it certainly is), and ignoring the *really* important things that
others have already said:
 * much better authentication/authorization
 * ability to *easily* create your own datatypes
 * ability to write functions in several languages (like Python!)
 * much better command line interface (yes, that's just icing on the
cake, but it really is so helpful)

-Jeff