Hi,

i used Komodo long time ago but now i'm using notepad++ on windows and
gedit on linux (but i work most time on linux, i need windows for c#
development at work). both are easy to use and have a great syntax
highlighting.
i write the code on my local and use rapidsvn (linux and windows) to
maintain the working copies of my svn repositories.

additionally i added some plugins to gedit for e.g. code completion and
snippets (great stuff!). i think much more functionality deflects the
user from coding.

just my two cents ;-)

best regards,

Jökull wrote:
| What OS are you running? I'm on Windows and use e-texteditor which has
| support for TextMate bundles. You can get some pretty nice Django
| bundles which will do a lot of autocompleting and such tasks.
|
| Komodo seems to have a couple of nice things going for it - mainly SVN
| support. In my setup I'm doing everything off a development Linux
| server with an SSH mount - so I've got a Putty window open to do all
| my SVN tasks. Works for me and e-texteditor is the best I've seen on
| any platform.
|
| On Jun 24, 9:56 am, ristretto.rb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
|> Hello,
|>
|> Do you code python/django in Komodo?  Care to share your bookmarks?
|> And tips on how to set it up to get the most out of Komodo for django
|> dev?  Do you use the Editor or the IDE?
|>
|> I'm new to django and python, and based on some research on this site,
|> I started looking into the Komodo Editor.   I'm considering buying a
|> license for the IDE.
|> I hate to have to ask this here, but I'm finding the Komodo
|> documentation hard to find.  I'm seeing code completion to be buggy.
|> And, there doesn't seem to be much Django specific about it, other
|> than syntax coloring for django templates.
|>
|> If Komodo isn't the right choice, feel free to suggest something else.
|>  Is it the best?
|>
|> Thank You
|>
|> p.s.  django is a killer framework on top of a super-cool language.
|> big thanks to all of you that make it available.  (I hope to get clued
|> up enough to contribute at some point.)

- --
Stephan Jäkel

e-Mail  : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Website : http://rdev.info
Mobile  : +49 163 458 9 173

What do you mean that could take down the whole network?