I'm on Linux;  I'm looking in the gEdit pluggins - looks very
promising and simple, I never knew gEdit could be extended so much.

I'm also looking at wingware's wingIDE now, which is not free at all,
but looks very much worth the money from the marketing videos.

--
Picante Solutions Limited
e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]