Hi,

Everything is about buying and selling something. If I work in software
development company, use python, postgresql and want to use psycopg2 - nice
web page helps in "selling" the idea of using psycpg2 to my boss. Of course,
nice website is not the only important thing but it helps a lot.
People *are* lazy and actually don't have enough free time to check every
piece of code that flows around the web. Informative web site helps to raise
an interest and to do the next step - download the software and try it out.

Regards,
Valts.