Well you'd want a relational table of author status', some thing like
this:

class Journalist(models.Model):
  name = models.Charfield()

class Article(models.Model):
  articles = models.Charfield

class State(models.Model):
  state = models.CharField()

class Article_relationship(models.Model):
  article = models.ForeignKey(Article)
  journalist = models.ForeignKey(Journalist)
  state = models.ForeignKey(State)

You can define a ManyToMany and it will make relational tables for you
in simple databases, but you can also define those tables explicitly
like this and create a more custom database scheme. That's what i
would do, however this could be set up in a few different ways.

Joshua