First of all Apache will look through all the <Location> directives,
and the later ones overwrite the former ones. So you should definitely
put the more precise one at the bottom.

Probably your media files work, because you've added something like
urlpatterns += patterns('',
    (r'^media/(?P<path>.*)$',
        'django.views.static.serve',
        {'document_root': os.path.join(PROJECT_PATH, 'htdocs',
'media')}),
)
to you urls.py, weren't you?

you might try to specify the PythonPath for the testproject more
precisely as well, as mod_python's path handling already surprised me
a couple of times.

I hope these help

cheers,