Hi all,

I am being considered for a project that would involve re-writing an
application which is currently in MS Access/VBA. The application is an order
entry/shop management software for a small vertical market. I am strongly in
favor of using Django for the project and one of the principles is mostly
convinced that will be fine. The other wants a third-party (who currently
develop applications with Servoy) to check into Django/Python and evaluate
it for its suitability for this project. The requirements for the project
are these:

1. Rapid development
2. Stability
3. Ease of use
4. Customer access including order entry (currently orders can only be
entered by staff)
5. Remote access via smart phone

My questions are these:

1. Is there anyone out there who has used Django and Servoy?
2. Has anyone done an order entry system (not pinax) or accounting system (I
know of the projects on google code) or interfaced with legacy systems with
Django?
3. There seems to be a concern that Django isn't used by "big names". Are
there big names using Django (other than the newspapers and google)? I have
looked through django sites quite a bit and found a few universities but not
a lot else.
4. I welcome any other comments, thoughts, opinions, or references as to the
suitability of Django for this project.

I apologize if any/all of this is redundant. I am a big fan of Django, so
thanks to all the developers and community!

Matthew