I'm a Java guy playing around Django so what I will say may not be
valid.
When I say "encourage testing" I mean generating tests cases whenever
we create a Django entity (like model for example).
Creating integration testing (like Seam application tests).
Include code coverage tool.
Include code complexity tool.
Supports profiles (dev, test, prod)
I will post other thought as I get them :)