Take a look at Django test utils(formerly test maker) (http://
github.com/ericholscher/django-test-utils/tree/master ), this features
some of what you're talking about, helping generate test cases for the
user.  Ultimately it comes down to the developer knowing more about
their application than Django can.  You don't want Django generating
useless test cases for you just to have tests, you want to test things
that might reasonably break, and Django can't just guess at what those
would be.  If you know of any good strategies for good test generation
though a) feel free to let us know, and b) talk to Eric Holscher(the
author of django-test-utils), just about anything can be done outside
of Django itself so you can always start by implementing it there.

Alex