On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 9:04 PM, HB <hubaghd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sure, I mean encourage not force :)

Ok, then - what could we do to encourage testing?

We have a test framework; it is documented, there are plenty of blog
entries around that discuss how to use it, and there are some
utilities in the community (such as testmaker) that can be used to
assist. However, if there is something else we could be doing to
encourage more people to use the test framework, I'm all for it.

I have two ideas that I've been intending to work on since I had some
discussions at DjangoCon. In the interests of full disclosure, I've
just opened tickets describing them; time permitting, they will be in
place before v1.1.

1) #9963: Include a dummy test as part of the empty stub application
that is produced by manage.py startapp. This is a fairly simple
addition, but well worth it IMHO.

2) #9962: Write a official tutorial on testing. This one is a little
more effort. If someone wants to volunteer a draft before I get around
to writing one myself, I'm happy to proofread any offerings as
candidates for trunk.

Of course, any other suggestions are more than welcome.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)