Hi,

I started my project with a similar workflow but I soon ran into
troubles so I adopted the following one:

- svn repository has a production branch and a trunk
- my dev is done on trunk, on various machines (desktop, laptop, test
server)
- whenever I want to push something to the production server, i just
merge my changes (sometimes selectively) to the production branch
- the production server pulls the changes, runs some data migration
scripts and restarts apache every night at a fixed time (cron)

What I painfully learned in the early days of my project is that
anything you have to do repetitively on a daily/weekly basis you will
end up messing up once. In your case that would mean overwriting your
data.db. I'm pretty sure that would be a bad thing :)

The separate branches for dev and production are a nicety but not a
must-have. If your project is small enough you can do without. On the
other hand what I strongly urge you to do is stop manipulating your
production data manually and have some scripts to do that for you
every day/week. I would also suggest that you use another DB for
production, like mysql or postgres. Also, you should really avoid
pushing your data into the svn.

my 2 cents,
Philippe