On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Javier Guerra <jav...@guerrag.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Michael<newmani...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This information isn't transmitted to the server in anyway so short of
> what
> > you described above, Django can't really solve your issue.
>
> but where is it getting lost?  i mean, what does the html looks like?
> does it have the #section1 in the action attribute?  i imagine three
> answers:
>
> 1: no #section1 in the HTML => Django is losing it, should be fixed
>
> 2: #section1 present, but not urlencoded => Django should encode it,
> since it's a parameter for the view wrapper.
>
> 3: #section1 present and urlencoded => browser's fault, should be
> worked around with JavaScript

The fragment identifier is not transmitted to the server from the browser:

Request headers for http://www.djangoproject.com/#test

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: www.djangoproject.com
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Keep-Alive: 300
Connection: keep-alive
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache

Check your server logs if you don't believe me. The browser carries the
fragment identifier through redirects, so if it is passed through the form's
post it will appear in the last redirect with the JS I mentioned earlier.