On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 2:30 PM, Dr.Hamza Mousa<dr.hamzam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Russell
>
> The admin templates i copied into /templates/admin/ .
>
> The idea : i need to customize the admin for a project am working on .
>
> -details :
>
> installed django RC 1.1 , ubuntu linux 9.04 .
>
> so i ran :
>
> django-admin.py startproject emr_admin
>
> , python manage.py startapp emr
>
> defined my first model in the emr/models.py
>
> added the django.contrib.admin in emr_admin/settings.py
>
> then ran : python manage.py syncdb
>
> urls.py :
>
> -------------
> from django.contrib import admin
> admin.autodiscover()
>
> and in : urlpatterns  i added the admin urls
>

> (r'^admin/', include(ad
>
> min.site.urls)),
> ------------
>

> ------------
> Django admin Template files :
>
> to extend the admin css style i copied the admin template from the django RC
> 1.1 to /templates/admin/ like base.html , base_site.html , index.html ......
>
> so now they are in
>
> /templates/admin/

I should point out that unless you make a modification to
TEMPLATE_DIRS in your settings file, copying the template files will
have no effect at all. From the point of view of these instructions,
copying the template files is a no op - the admin won't pay any
attention to the files in /templates.

> ------------
>
> emr/admin.py :
>
> so it all runs so fine ,

To clarify - Are you saying that at this point in the process, the
admin site URLs are displayed correctly?

> register my app models in emr/admin.py

I presume you have also put emr into INSTALLED_APPS at some point in
this process?

> :
> from django.contrib import admin
> from django import forms
>
> from emr_admin.emr.models import *
>
> class PatientForm(forms.ModelForm):
>     comment = forms.CharField(widget=forms.Textarea(attrs={'rows':4,
> 'cols':60}),label='Comment',help_text="")
>     sex = forms.CharField(widget=forms.RadioSelect(choices=SEX),label='Sex')
>     smoking =
> forms.CharField(widget=forms.RadioSelect(choices=SMOKING),label='Smoking')
>     maritalstatus =
> forms.CharField(widget=forms.RadioSelect(choices=Marital_STATS))
>

> class PatientAdmin(admin.ModelAdmin):
>    list_display = ( 'name', 'sex','maritalstatus', 'bdate','jobtitle')
>    list_display_links = ( 'name', 'sex','maritalstatus', 'bdate','jobtitle')
>    search_fields = ('name', 'jobtitle')
>    list_filter = ('jobtitle','sex')
>    list_per_page = 25
>    ordering = ['name']
>    form = PatientForm
>

> admin.site.register(Patient , PatientAdmin)
>

> -------------
> everything working so fine at the admin side , however the only thing is not
> working is the logout and change password , when i direct the url to the
> change password form and change my password , it redirect me to the wrong
> url as well :
>
> http://localhost:8000/admin/password_change/admin/password_change/done/
>

> thats what happend so far :

I don't experience any problems when I follow these instructions. I am
shown links to  /admin/password_change/ and /admin/logout/; I get
redirected to /admin/password_change/done/ when I change my password.

The fact that your instructions don't include any reference to
changing TEMPLATE_DIRS leads me suspect that one of three things is
happening:

1) You're actually pointing at a different set of templates than you
think you are (and those templates are using the old linking scheme
for the logout and password change links)

2) You don't have a complete and correct checkout of Django v1.1 RC1

3) In addition to a complete and correct checkout of Django v1.1 RC1,
you have an older (pre v1.1 RC1) checkout somewhere, and it is this
checkout that is being used to provide admin templates.

Could you please check the contents of the TEMPLATE_DIRS settings of
your project, and then check your PYTHONPATH very closely to see if
any of these conditions are correct?

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)