I have a django project that has worked just fine in development but
I'm trying to move it to a demo site and the application is not on a
root domain or sub-domain.

Instead the site root URL is suppose to be something like
https://site.domain.com/appname/

This is causing all my template links to break.  The {% url %} tag
seems to work only for the site root and doesn't bring in the
subdirectory name.

What's the Django way of handling this?  I'm surprised I haven't been
able to find something about this.