On Jul 30, 7:29 pm, Graham Dumpleton <graham.dumple...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> If you are using mod_wsgi then you definitely do not need
> FORCE_SCRIPT_NAME as mod_wsgi does the correct think in respect of
> setting up SCRIPT_NAME/PATH_INFO. The only time it might not be right
> with mod_wsgi is if you used WSGIScriptAliasMatch to map the
> application and you didn't set up the directive properly. This can
> happen because how you set up pattern and target for that directive
> will control how SCRIPT_NAME is calculated. WSGIScriptAliasMatch
> should only be used if absolutely required.
>
> So, post how you configured mod_wsgi to mount your application just to
> eliminate that as possibility. Verify that FORCE_SCRIPT_NAME isn't set
> in settings.py or if it is that it is set to None.
>
> Someone with more Django knowledge would then need to tell you if you
> are specifying urls.py correctly, whether any other settings you need
> to check and whether how URL references are generated are correct. All
> I can tell you is that if mod_wsgi is set up properly, you should
> never need FORCE_SCRIPT_NAME with mod_wsgi.
>
> You may need to explain better what is meant by 'This is causing all
> my template links to break'. Ie., what errors are you getting, what
> are the URLs it is generating and what they should be etc.
>
> Graham
>
> On Jul 31, 12:09 pm, Streamweaver <streamwea...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I'm not actually using {% url %} at this time.  I am setup for
> > mod_wsgi and don't know how to go about configuring links in the
> > templates when the sites root is on a subdirectory.  There isn't much
> > in the way of examples on FORCE_SCRIPT_NAME I can find and I'm not
> > really an apache admin so I'm a bit out of my depth here.
>
> > Is this the avenue I should be pursuing or is there some way to set
> > this up better.  the url filter seems to violate DRY methodology.
>
> > Thanks again.
>
> > On Jul 30, 9:52 pm, Graham Dumpleton <graham.dumple...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > > Using FORCE_SCRIPT_NAME is only appropriate for certain WSGI hosting
> > > mechanisms. Using it may simply hide the fact that the OPs application
> > > code is wrong to begin with.
>
> > > OP should indicate how they are hosting their application for real
> > > site. Ie., mod_python, mod_wsgi, fastcgi or other.
>
> > > Graham

Graham is right about needing to mount your site correctly.  Post your
Apache config at http://groups.google.com/group/modwsgi?hl=en and they
can help with that.  I've not had to use FORCE_SCRIPT_NAME when using
mod_wsgi.  What I found that works is passing the script_name in each
view context.  This is violating DRY, but I haven't worried about that
too much.  This is a way to make apps portable.  If you still need or
want to use the {% url %} tag, you just need to preceed it by a
{{ script_name }} (I'm mostly sure, correct me if wrong).  You can
give script_name to your context with request.META['SCRIPT_NAME'] if
it exists.

hope this helps,
Adam