Hacks which embed knowledge of the mount point in the application
generally indicate that you are doing something wrong in your
configuration.

Stop trying to jump to solutions when hasn't even been determined what
you are doing wrong.

As suggested, post the mod_wsgi configuration you are using so can
confirm that for starters, that that isn't the problem.

Graham