Ah - thank you!  Yes, sorry, in the process of my debugging the issue
and trying to simplify it, I unintentionally introduced even more
errors, and then when posting it, even more!  But you somehow despite
that, managed to identify my real error, which was that I hadn't put
the single quotes around {% get_my_url %}.

I was clearly doing a spiral downward - thanks very much for your
save!

Margie